For the second time in a week, a “Virginia man” mysteriously attempts to kill multiple strangers in D.C. area

Daniel S. writes:

It would appear that Sudden Jihad Syndrome has struck again. A Dulles Airport shuttle driver from Alexandria, Virginia named Muhammad Teshale (picture here) was unexpectedly motivated to use his shuttle van as a weapon to wage jihad against the infidels in order to achieve fame among his fellow Muslim radicals. (It should be noted that al-Qaeda has recently encouraged Muslims in the West to use trucks as jihad weapons.) Teshale appears to be of Somali or Ethiopian origin, again showing the perils of Muslim immigration. While this case will undoubtedly not get much attention (especially should the Islamic element become more apparent), it fits in with a spat of other recent jihad terrorism cases in the past few weeks, including an attempt by a Somali Muslim to explode a car bomb at a Christmas event in Oregon, an attempt by a Hispanic Muslim convert to bomb U.S. military recruitment offices in Delaware, and the arrest of an Afghan Muslim in Washington D.C. after he made online bomb threats against the D.C. transit system.

LA replies:

As I said the other day, in response to the arrest of the Afghan Muslim from Arlington, Virginia (“Va. man,” the Washington Examiner described him in its headline) who was threatening to set off bombs in the D.C. train system, Muslim actual and would-be terrorist killers are becoming as common in the U.S. as black muggers and Mexican drunken drivers.

Below is the article Daniel sent from the Washington Post. How interesting that the article mentions Muhammad Teshale’s motive of becoming famous by wreaking havoc with a motor vehicle, but doesn’t ask why a man named Muhammad might have wanted to become famous by wreaking havoc with a motor vehicle, and what kind of fame he sought.

Shuttle driver is charged in hit-and-run crash near Dulles
Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The driver of a speeding SuperShuttle van left a trail of damaged vehicles as he fled at least six hit-and-run crashes along Interstate 66 and the Dulles Access Road on Monday morning, police said.

Virginia State Police, Arlington County police and Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority police were trying to determine what led to the series of crashes from Arlington to Dulles International Airport about 9:30 a.m.

The driver, whom police identified as Muhammad Teshale, 25, of Alexandria, was arrested outside the airport’s main terminal after authorities found the damaged blue van. Teshale was charged with one count of hit and run in Fairfax County. Additional charges were pending.

Law enforcement officials close to the investigation said that the driver told police that he “did it to be famous.” The man drove the shuttle at 90 to 95 mph at times on roads that have speed limits of 55 mph, officials said.

The incident appears to have begun with three hit-and-run crashes along I-66 in Arlington about 9:25 a.m.

Corinne Geller, a state police spokeswoman, said that a blue SuperShuttle vehicle was heading West when it twice sideswiped the passenger side of a Dodge Charger. The shuttle then rear-ended a Chrysler Pacifica and a taxi, sending both vehicles off the highway.

The driver of the Pacifica, a 33-year-old Centreville woman, and her year-old daughter were taken to Arlington Hospital with minor injuries.

Four minutes later, state police learned of a fourth crash in the Westbound lanes of I-66 at the Dulles Connector Road. The SuperShuttle rear-ended a 2006 Mercedes C240, authorities said.

The trail continued toward Dulles, police said. Courtney Mickalonis, a spokeswoman for the airports authority, said two drivers on the way to the airport reported that their vehicles had been struck.

“He was going at a high rate of speed,” Geller said. “But there is no indication of motive.”

Authorities said they were unsure whether there were passengers in the shuttle. They said there were none with the driver when the vehicle was found.

Ken Testani, a spokesman for Arizona-based SuperShuttle, said that company officials were looking into the incident.

Posted by Lawrence Auster at December 15, 2010 10:23 PM | Send

Email entry

Email this entry to:

Your email address:

Message (optional):