The permanent threat of Islamic domestic terrorism that America has accepted without a peep of protest
in today’s New York Daily News lays out
, in the form of a list of terrorists who have been apprehended in recent years, the reality of the continuing threat to America by Muslim jihadists living in this country. The News
has no conclusions about the meaning of this threat or what should be done about it, other than to “pray” that the terrorists keep being discovered and stopped by the authorities before they can carry out their attacks. Outside this blog and a few others, there are no writers, publications, or politicians in America that even have the thought
of eliminating the threat of Islamic domestic terrorism in this country, let alone a plan
to eliminate it, such as I have presented
. The best that is offered, whether by the neocons, or by Bernard Lewis
, or by Robert Spencer
, or by the editors of the Daily News
, is the hope
that somehow the Muslims will change on their own.
The threat keeps growing: List of terrorists in our midst gets longer and longer
Saturday, May 1st 2010, 4:00 AM
The clear and present danger of homegrown Islamist terrorism grows weekly. Plots are coming at New York and America from every which way and at increasing speed.
Hard on the heels of Najibullah Zazi’s subway bomb try, the Manhattan U.S. attorney has indicted two Brooklyn men, U.S. citizens, for allegedly conspiring to abet Al Qaeda’s communication needs and its capacity to detonate explosives.
Count the arrests of Wesam el-Hanafi and Sabirhan Hasanoff as another victory for America’s anti-terror forces, but do not sleep well, for the enemy is determined and dispered among us.
Even a partial inventory of attempted attacks by radicalized Muslims on these shores puts the threat into terrifying perspective:
* Jose Padilla, arrested in 2002 as the so-called dirty bomber, was convicted of conspiring with Islamic terrorists.
* The Lackawanna Six—Sahim Alwan, Faysal Galab, Shafal Mosed, Yasein Taher, Yahya Goba and Mukhtar al-Bakri—were busted in 2002 and convicted of aiding Osama Bin Laden.
* Ohio truck driver Iyman Faris was charged in 2003 with conspiring to topple the Brooklyn Bridge. He was sentenced to 20 years.
* Eleven men, known as the Virginia jihad network, were charged in 2003 with planning to train at terrorist camps. Nine were U.S. citizens. They were sentenced to prison.
* U.S. citizen James Elshafay admitted plotting in 2004 to blow up the Herald Square station.
* Yassin Araf and Mohmmad Hossein were arrested in Albany in 2004 for trying to buy a grenade launcher to assassinate a Pakistani diplomat. They got 15 years.
* U.S. citizens Umer Hayat and Hamid Hayat, his son, were arrested in California in 2005 after lying to the FBI about Hamid’s attendance at an Al Qaeda training camp. They were convicted.
* Four members of terror cell Jam’iyyat Ul-Islam Is-Saheeh were charged in 2005 with conspiring to attack the Los Angeles airport. Three went to prison, one to a mental facility.
* Michael Reynolds was busted in 2005 for plotting to blow up a Wyoming natural-gas refinery. He was sentenced to 30 years.
* Syed Haaris Ahmed, a Pakistani, and Ehsanul Islam Sadequee, an American of Bangladeshi descent, were charged in 2006 with conspiring to make videos for extremists. They were convicted.
* Seven men, including five U.S. citizens, were charged in 2006 with conspiring to blow up Chicago’s Sears Tower. Six were convicted.
* Former U.S. sailor Hassan Abujihaad was accused in 2007 of giving locations of Navy ships to a group that supports terrorists. He got 10 years.
* Six New Jersey men were imprisoned in a 2007 conspiracy to attack Fort Dix.
* An American and three others allegedly plotted to bomb fuel lines at JFK. They await trial.
* Christopher Paul, a U.S. citizen, was arrested in 2008 for conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction against U.S. and European targets. He got 20 years.
* Four men were charged in 2009 with plotting to bomb Bronx synagogues. They await trial.
* Hosam Maher Husein Smadi, a Jordanian living in Dallas, was charged in 2009 with trying to car-bomb an office tower.
* Michael Finton of Illinois was busted in 2009 in a courthouse bomb plot inspired by American Taliban John Walker Lindh.
* Bryant Neal Vinas of Long Island was busted in 2009 for allegedly giving Al Qaeda information on the subways and Long Island Rail Road.
* Brooklyn-born Betim Kaziu was charged in 2009 with trying to join an Al Qaeda affiliate in hope of killing U.S. troops.
* Twelve Americans were indicted in 2009 for allegedly supporting Al Shabaab, a terror group seeking to overthrow the Somali government.
* Colleen LaRose, aka Jihad Jane, was charged this year with plotting to kill a Swedish cartoonist who had depicted the Prophet Mohammed.
* Sharif Mobley, a 26-year-old New Jersey man, was arrested in March in a roundup of Al Qaeda suspects in Yemen.
Zazi admitted he and pals planned to suicide-bomb Grand Central and Times Square subways.
And now, el-Hanafi and Hasanoff join a list linked by shared religious fanatacism. Al Qaeda no longer needs a command center. Its foot soldiers are everywhere. They need only to win once, while the good guys have to win every time. How long can a winning streak go? Forever, one prays.
[end of News editorial]
“How long can a winning streak go? Forever, one prays.”
Just as I have been pointing out for years, the establishment implicitly accepts that we shall live under the threat of domestic Islamic terrorism FOREVER. They have no thought of ending that threat. And they can have no thought of ending it, so long as they accept the premises of liberalism.
I wrote in August 2006, after the British had stopped an Islamic plot to explode several airliners heading from London to the United States:
This is the unchangeable reality I pointed to in my 2004 article, “How to Defeat Jihad in America.” We will have terrorist attacks and threats of terrorists attacks and inconvenient and humiliating security measures and the disruption of ordinary activities FOREVER, as long as Muslims are in the West in any significant numbers. The Muslim terrorists are part and parcel of the Muslim community. According to a survey reported in the Scotsman, 24 percent of Muslims in Britain (I never describe them as “British Muslims”) believe the July 2005 London bombings were justified. Imagine that. Not only do these Muslims in Britain support terrorism against Britain, they’re not afraid to say so openly to a pollster! The unchangeable fact is that wherever there is a sizable Muslim community there will be a very large number of terror supporters and therefore—inevitably—actual terrorists as well.
Posted by Lawrence Auster at May 01, 2010 02:48 PM | Send
This is our future, FOREVER, unless we stop Muslim immigration and initiate a steady out-migration of Muslims from the West until their remaining numbers are a small fraction of what they are now and there are no true believers among the ones that remain. Travelers from Muslim countries must be tightly restricted as well. Muslims must be essentially locked up inside the Muslim lands, with only carefully screened individuals allowed into the non-Muslim world.
The enemy are among us, in America, in Britain, in the West, and will remain so until we remove them from the West and indeed from the entire non-Muslim world. As extreme as this sounds, it is a no-brainer. There is no other solution. All other responses to this problem add up to meaningless hand-wringing. The hand-wringing will go on FOREVER, along with the terrorist attacks and the threat of terrorist attacks, until we take the ONLY STEPS that can actually and permanently end the threat.