25 year old white woman savagely beaten, raped by Mexican illegal alien co-worker

I guess it was wrong of me to mention the race of the victim and the nationality and immigration status of the rapist, wasn’t it? Where people come from doesn’t matter, does it? We’re all people, aren’t we? And there’s no pattern of black, Hispanic, and Muslim men raping and killing white women, is there?

The first story is from the New Haven Register

Woman viciously beaten, raped
Published: Monday, March 30, 2009
By Ann DeMatteo, Assistant Metro Editor

HAMDEN—A town woman, 25, survived a vicious attack by a co-worker who allegedly tried to snap her neck, stomped on her chest, raped her and left her for dead early Friday in East Rock Park, police said.

After the man drove off in her car, the severely beaten woman made her way from the park, down a hill through grass and branches, to a house on Ridge Road, and frantically rang a doorbell.

A resident who had been sleeping on the couch on the first floor heard a commotion and opened the door to a horrifying sight.

“The girl’s eyes were completely closed and blood was all over her face. It was like something out of a horror movie,” he said. “She was saying ‘Help me, help me, please help me.’”

The homeowner’s wife called 911, and in less than five minutes, police arrived, the man said. The woman is being treated at Yale-New Haven Hospital.

According to Capt. Ronald Smith, the woman was repeatedly beaten and raped by the co-worker, who was later found at a house in New Haven’s Newhallville section.

The suspect was booked on charges of criminal attempt to commit murder, first-degree sexual assault, kidnapping and strangulation and second-degree assault, and is being held in lieu of $1 million bail. Police are trying to determine the man’s citizenship status.

Police are not releasing the name of the victim or her assailant, “due to the continuing investigation,” Smith said.

“Our uniform and investigative personnel did an outstanding job piecing together this brutal and heinous crime,” Police Chief Thomas J. Wydra said. “The victim’s strength and survival instincts ultimately led to her surviving this attack.”

The assault apparently began after the man and woman finished their shifts and left Temple Grill on Temple Street in New Haven, sources said. A woman who answered the phone at the establishment Friday night said she didn’t know anything about the incident.

The victim told officers that at about 1:30 a.m., her co-worker asked for a ride home, police said. Police do not know the reasons behind the incident, or whether they were acquaintances or friends.

As she drove, he punched her in the face, causing her to fall out of her car, Smith said. She tried to call police from her cell phone, but the man took it from her and broke it.

“She was then continuously beaten and sexually assaulted,” said Smith, who didn’t know the location of that assault.

The man then forced the woman back into her car, and drove her to the Hamden section of East Rock Park. They got out of the car, walked along a path and he sexually assaulted her again, Smith said. As she pleaded for her life, she was beaten again, he said.

The man then attempted to snap the woman’s neck and began stomping on her chest, Smith said. He continuously used a branch to hit her in the head and body. The victim then played dead, and the man left in the woman’s car, Smith said.

The woman then walked to Ridge Road, where she was helped by the homeowner and his wife. The wife called police at 3:40 a.m.

The husband said he had just woken up and turned off the television when the doorbell rang furiously. He didn’t let the woman in the house because he feared it could have been a home invasion scam.

The woman was described as white, with black hair and wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt and sweatpants. She was barefooted. The man believes she may have rung other doorbells before she got to his house.

“I was at the door, making sure she was OK. I wanted to help her. When police went to the edge of the driveway, she collapsed on the ground,” said the resident, who declined to give his name.

The homeowner said he watched as she gave a statement to police.

“She stated the assailant tried to poke her eyes out with a stick,” he said. “I wish I could have done more. It was a horrific thing to see.”

Ann DeMatteo can be reached at adematteo@nhregister.com or 789-5716.

[There is a vigorous discussion in the comments forum following the article.]

The second story is from NBC Connecticut:

Kind Coworker Beaten, Raped, and Stomped On
Updated 9:32 PM EDT, Fri, Mar 27, 2009

A woman was terrorized and left for dead in East Rock Park after doing a favor for a coworker.

A woman may have saved her own life by playing dead in East Rock Park.

That was after she was beaten, raped, and stomped on by a man she tried to help.

The woman agreed to give a man she worked with a ride home at about 1:30 Friday morning. And the coworker turned on her, Hamden police said, beating her in her own car.

When she fell out the door, it just got worse. “While outside of her vehicle, the individual then sexually assaulted her and physically assaulted her,” said Hamden Police Captain Ron Smith. When she tried to call for help, “he broke her cell phone.”

The vicious attacked continued as the suspect, identified by police as an illegal immigrant, forced the victim back inside the car and drove to the northern section of East Rock Park in Hamden.

Unbelievably, this woman’s terrifying night would continue. She told officers she begged for her life as her coworker raped and beat her again along a deserted pathway in the park. “He then attempted to snap her neck,” added Captain Smith. “He stomped on her with his feet on her chest.”

Finally, the attacker took off, apparently because he thought his victim was dead. She laid there quietly, without moving, until he drove away and she ran to a nearby house for help.

That was about 3:40am, after enduring two incredibly brutal hours.

The name of her alleged attacker has not been released yet, and police believe he may be in CT illegally from Mexico. He’s charged with attempted murder, kidnapping, sexual assault and other charges.

Meanwhile, the good hearted woman who was trying to do a favor, underwent surgery at Yale New Haven Hospital.

“She was very courageous,” police remarked. “If you know what she went through. Unbelievably courageous.”

Posted by Lawrence Auster at May 01, 2009 11:05 AM | Send

Email entry

Email this entry to:

Your email address:

Message (optional):