The Episcopal Church NO USA
Bill Carpenter writes:
The Episcopal Church is beginning its triennial General Convention today. The resolutions submitted are a gallery of white guilt in all its varieties, from funding UN programs for international development to calling for the security walls in Israel to be dismantled to opening our borders to studying reparations for slavery. Here is the link for the unwieldy pdf document containing the resolutions, in case you want to take a look.
Posted by Lawrence Auster at June 13, 2006 01:08 AM | Send
Here are the specific principles advocated to be adopted on immigration:
The Standing Commission on Anglican and International Peace with Justice Concerns supports the following principles of just and fair immigration policies:
1. Undocumented aliens should have reasonable opportunity to pursue permanent residency.
2. Legal workers should be allowed to enter the United States to respond to recognized labor force needs.
3. Close family members should be allowed to reunite without undue delay with individuals lawfully present in the United States.
4. Fundamental U.S. principles of legal due process should be granted all persons.
5. Enforcement of national borders and immigration policies should be proportional and humane.