Eight youths of unmentioned race assault and disfigure young jogger of unmentioned race

Carter Strange, 18, was jogging home just after midnight in the Five Points area of Columbia, South Carolina when eight savages set upon him, beating him so badly that his mother didn’t recognize him in the hospital afterward—so badly that he needed brain surgery and facial reconstructive surgery.

Of course the article, from WIS TV, doesn’t mention the race of the victim or of the savages. It doesn’t tell the public that this attack is one of a ceaseless phenomenon of black on white violence in this country. In this and in all other articles about black-on-white violence, the media encourage the white public never to think in racial terms (other than about the evil of white racism, of course), so that they don’t think of protecting themselves from black violence or avoiding areas where black youths roam.

Carter%20Strange.jpg Carter%20Strange%20after%20attack.jpg
Carter Strange before and after he encountered eight savages

Thyeem Henrey, one of the eight savages

By the ruling moral code of our society, I am immoral or worse for speaking of black “savages.” And the media and the police who deliberately remain silent about the continuous targeting of whites by black savages, and who thus deliberately leave whites naïve about and vulnerable to those attacks, are, by the same moral code, moral.

Fifty years from now, who will be regarded as immoral, who as moral?

Here is the article:

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS)—All eight suspects are in custody after a brutal attack in Five Points early Monday morning which left the teenage victim in critical condition, according to Columbia police.

Columbia Police Department spokeswoman Jennifer Timmons said 19-year-old Thyeem Henrey was charged with second degree assault and battery by mob, common law robbery, and criminal conspiracy. He appeared in court Friday afternoon where the judge set bond at $750,000. That bond does not allow Henrey’s release upon posting only 10%, which is sometimes permitted by the court.

At his first court appearance on the latest charges against him, Henrey gave no indication what might have led to Monday morning’s savage assault. But he cried as the frustrations of the victim’s parents boiled over. “I’m having to give you my right to judge whether he deserves freedom or not,” said Strange’s mother Vicki. “That’s hard for me. But since Carter didn’t fight against them eight Sunday, I’m going to fight for him now. I’m going to fight for him until my last breath.”

“I pray that you get your life right,” said Strange’s father John. “Find God. If you pray for forgiveness, he will forgive you. I don’t have that in my heart right now. Maybe one day, but not today.

The 19-year-old is the only adult in a group of eight being held by Columbia police. The other seven suspects are all juveniles, according to Timmons. Their names cannot be released.

She said a 14-year-old, 15-year-old, and 16-year-old were charged with strong arm robbery, second degree assault and battery by a mob, and criminal conspiracy.

A 13-year-old and three other 16-year-olds were all charged with criminal conspiracy, according to Timmons.

Similar hearings will be held for the juvenile suspects. One of the 16-year-olds also had a bond hearing Friday afternoon, but reporters were not allowed inside.

Timmons said most of the suspects turned themselves in with their parents after the surveillance footage was shown on the news.

Police Chief Randy Scott said the 18-year-old victim, later identified as Carter Strange, was jogging through a parking lot near the intersection of Blossom Street and Saluda Avenue just after midnight on Monday when the assault happened. “This teenager was minding his own business, trying to make his curfew when he was brutally attacked and robbed,” said Scott.

Police said Henrey and the seven juveniles he was with were roaming Five Points, targeting others until they came across Strange. In fact, investigators said the group tried unsuccessfully to rob or assault at least four other people.

They’ve been dealing with a flood of angry reactions from the public. “I’ve been on the phone all day fielding calls from the community about increasing patrols in Five Points, and what I have to explain is I’m responsible for Columbia, not just Five Points, not just the Vista,” said Chief Randy Scott.

Vicki said her son was headed home after visiting a friend slightly past his midnight curfew. “At 12:07 he wasn’t home, I called him and said ‘Carter where are you?’” recounted Vicki. “He said ‘Momma, I’m almost home. I’ll be there in just a minute.’ At 12:15 I called, but the phone was dead.”

Timmons said surveillance video taken in the area shows four of the suspects running towards Carter, though police only released video of the suspects walking on Harden Street. Investigators believe the suspects assaulted Carter and stole his cell phone before leaving him in the parking lot.

After the assault, Scott said Carter managed to make it a block down the road to Edisto Avenue, where a passerby found him two hours later and called 9-1-1. Carter was taken to a local hospital, where he is still in critical condition.

Vicki said she rushed to the hospital and found a son she could barely recognize. “I literally bent over him; I recognized his hand and his hair, and I said ‘that’s my son,’” Vicki told WIS News 10.

Carter’s family told police the beating was so severe he required emergency surgery to remove a brain clot. He had his second surgery Friday afternoon, which was for facial reconstruction. It’s Carter’s latest step in a long road to recovery. “He did nothing to them,” said Vicki. “They didn’t know him, they didn’t know the kind of person he was, they don’t know the kind of man he’s grown up to be and they don’t know the lives he’s touched. But they thought he was so less of a person, they thought this would be okay.”

Carter’s family told WIS News 10 he recently graduated from Dreher High School. “As a parent, you don’t want to see your kids hurt,” said Carter’s father, John Strange. “I’d give anything to trade places with him that night and now.”

“We got lucky he didn’t die,” said Vicki. “Next person won’t be lucky. If they did this now, what’s to stop them from doing it again?”

June 27

LA writes:

See Sage McLaughlin’s follow-up comment about the location in Columbia where Carter Strange was attacked. It was not in an out-of-the-way part of town. Which means that there is no place in Columbia where people are safe from such attacks.

Posted by Lawrence Auster at June 26, 2011 12:33 AM | Send

Email entry

Email this entry to:

Your email address:

Message (optional):