Fundamentalist Christian beheads Muslim on BBC TV drama; and what this tells us about liberalism
. sent this item from Damien Thompson’s blog at the Telegraph
, dated June 2:
BBC Trust backs drama in which Christian terrorist beheads Muslim
The BBC Trust has dismissed a complaint about an episode of Bonekickers, a BBC One drama series about a team of archaeologists, that involved a fundamentalist Christian beheading a Muslim (as so often happens in real life, right?)….
We are deep into the realms of BBC bias and ignorance here. Only a BBC drama series would, to quote the complainant, “transfer the practice of terrorist beheadings from Islamist radicals to a fantasised group of fundamentalist Christians” …
My first reaction to this story is, how can such a floridly evil and insane thing as the modern left-liberal ideology, typified by the BBC, continue much longer?
- end of initial entry -
Resorting to such a Big Lie, and such a transparent Big Lie, as showing a Fundamentalist Christian beheading a Muslim indicates that the leftist system is on its last legs, or close to it.
But wait … Why am I so sure of that?
Consider Islam, a religion founded on the most grotesque lies—its notion that anyone who doesn’t submit to Islam has fouly insulted Islam and must die; its fun-house-mirrors version of the Bible; its demonization of the Jews as non-human monsters and the source of all evil. Yet, despite being built and constituted of such crude lies, Islam has thrived or at least existed as a coherent a way of life for all these centuries.
So, if something as false and grotesque as Islam, with its pathological demonization of Jews, Christians, and other infidels, could survive long-term, what makes me think that something as false and grotesque as modern liberalism, with its pathological demonization of Christians and conservatives, couldn’t survive long-term?
It would appear, then, that we can’t have much hope in the prospect of liberalism being exploded from within by its own lies and contradictions. We have to bring it down.
But that’s not the solution either. Given the entrenched power of the liberal ideology and system of control, and given how deeply modern people believe in the underlying premises of liberalism, is it any more possible to bring down liberalism than it would be to bring down Islam?
The above tentative and exploratory thoughts lead to the following, which is a paraphrase of my August 2006 statement of what to do about Islam:
Modern liberalism is a mortal threat to our civilization.
However, we do not have the ability to destroy liberalism.
Nor do we have the ability to reform liberalism.
Nor do we have the long-term ability to survive as recognizable human beings within liberalism.
Therefore, the only solution is to separate ourselves from liberalism.
Jeff W. writes:
This is just another example of the anti-white left’s propaganda machine at work. The leftist media works constantly to establish and reinforce negative stereotypes of targeted whites:
Leftists also promote the following positive stereotypes:
- Christian fundamentalists: ignorant, inbred, violent.
- White, traditional nuclear families: repressive, materialistic, uptight.
- White Southerners: ignorant racists.
- Conservatives: racists.
- White businessmen: criminals, often violent.
- White males: oppressors, discriminators. In comedies, clueless lazy slobs.
- Members of the armed forces: dangerous killers, victims of post-traumatic disorders.
- American founders from Virginia: racists who had sex with their slaves.
- American founders from Massachusetts: witch burners.
Norman Lear’s attack on working-class whites with his Archie Bunker character was one of the first successful efforts in the U.S. to use an entertainment medium to establish leftist stereotypes. Now such attacks are too numerous to count.
- Jews: Smart, funny, tough, persecuted.
- Blacks: Wise, kindly, spiritual, strong and brave.
- Hispanics: Hard-working and humorous.
Posted by Lawrence Auster at June 02, 2009 07:55 PM | Send
But may I add:
- Homosexuals: Wise, mature, self-controlled, psychologically balanced, unselfish, saintfly, though with just a touch of impatience at the hopeless neuroticism of the surrounding heterosexuals.
- Children: Preternaturally wise and mature, with just a touch of impatience, accompanied by sardonic wise-cracks, at the hopeless neuroticism of their parents.